Hello Friday! I am loving this link up with Darci and her gals. It makes me feel a little less like the slacker blogger I am.
This week was cray. We got home from Seattle on Sunday to our A/C decided to go out, coinciding with LA’s hottest week of the year. Combined with the holiday (our maintenance operator informed me that air conditioning issues weren’t considered an emergency repair. I gently disagreed as staying home with a 1 year old and being 5 months preg with your apartment at approximately 1000 degrees is in fact an emergency in my book) we weren’t running on cool air until Wednesday evening. So today I’m catching up on all of my cleaning, laundry, etc as I could not muster enough strength past laying as still as possible in front of the fan for the last few days. ANYWAY, a/c rant over. Here’s a bullet point list of fun for you!
1. As painstakingly detailed above, it has been HOT here! I keep seeing all of these posts about pumpkin lattes and sweaters and Y’ALL. I am not ready for fall just yet. Our September and October are usually hotter than June and July so we’re savoring the beach days still (and thanking the good lord for central air).
2. In an attempt to get my daily green smoothie in I bought this glorious machine. I love it. As a testament to my laziness, it has totally been worth the $25 so I don’t have to wash the blender AND my smoothie cup. Housewife of the year over here.
3. We found out last week that baby #2 is going to be a GIRL! I was so shocked, I thought we were 100% having a boy. So much for mother’s intuition! Since finding out, I’ve been hitting the after season sales and loving all of the pink and ruffles in sight. Matt is scared for what’s in store!
4. I’ve been perusing my Crazy Kids Pinterest board for fun activities to fill up our days. Hudson’s two naps have been a little spotty so we have more hours in the day to fill.
The pom-pom chute was a hit! He stood there dropping those in for 30 minutes!
I was super pumped about the homemade finger-paint. Hudson wasn’t impressed. I think I’ll try this again outside instead of sticking him in his highchair.
5. Matt and I joined a couple’s Fantasy Football league this year. This is hilarious on so many levels. I have never followed the NFL. I do more studying on what dip to make on Super Bowl Sunday than who’s playing. Somehow I have a better ranked team than him so we’ll see how we do this week! We’ve been watching episodes of The League to get in the spirit!
Tags: 5 on Friday